Monday, March 4, 2013

Whole30 15-18: Whiter Teeth?

This is going to sound crazy, but I swear my teeth are whiter since starting this thing.

How that is possible I definitely don't know. But I swear it is true.

Whole30 people swear that you experience this giant burst of energy compared to your normal lifestyle. Well, either my normal lifestyle wasn't so bad to start with or they are wrong -- but I feel like I have just as much energy as I've ever had. Perhaps I'm dragging less mid-afternoon (prime nap time for all) but nothing super noticeable.

I have had a pretty killer headache off and on over the last few days. Since it's the end of the month ifyaknowwhatImean, I figure the headache is associated with that. Anyway, as it turns out the time that I really, Really, REALLY want a diet coke is when I have a headache. Like ... really.

But what is definitely NOT associated with that are my very sore tonsils which, if you look at them with good light in the mirror, you can see are SUPER GROSS. (You wanted to know that).

Translation: either tonsillitis or strep is in my future. AWESOME. I'm doing the whole sinus rinse/gargling bit with a prayer to keep sickness away, but if my history is an indicator this is going to be super fun.

Tomorrow nonetheless we'll be hitting up Boot Camp (provided Huck's nose isn't dis-gus-ting) and truck on with our normal lives. Because that is how we roll around here.

So what have we been eating? Well, I'll tell you! I'm so glad you asked.

Friday (Day 15): These chicken nuggets (and the sauce listed with them) with sweet potato fries. I'm sad to report that they are not as good as coconut fried shrimp. Bummer, right? Apparently the key to coconut fried shrimp being delicious is the shrimp part. Chicken just doesn't cut it. They were also a lot of work. Uncool.

Saturday (Day 16): The guys ate a burger for lunch while I went to a baby shower and ate some hard boiled eggs that I stashed in my bag. For dinner: grilled lamb steaks with asparagus. Yum. No recipe. Luke just did his thing. Funny story: we thought they were veal steaks because even I thought I was buying Lamb they were labeled "veal." It was like a mystery dinner.

Sunday (Day 17): For lunch we had this delicious butternut squash soup using bone broth I made from the chicken I roasted Friday for lunches. I love this soup. Luke does not. Dinner was meatballs (again), which we took to our small group.

Monday (Day 18): These chicken wings were pretty tasty with this "ranch" sauce. They weren't a ton of work and they hit the spot. Not sure I'll make them regularly, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment